Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

3 years.. and then some...



Isn't it weird when things and places from your past meet your present?? I went to this church when I was a child, it's in a very small town. I was baptized there. When I started elementary school, we started going to a church in the neighboring town. Now I wish I could go back, and see if me and my future husband ever met each other. I would love to see if we ever had interaction when we were children. My husband Carl, also attended this church. Guess what.. we got married here a little over 3 years ago. It is such a beautiful church!



We took a ton of outdoor pictures after our wedding ceremony at Carl's parents house. I just HAD to take a picture with my childhood slide. Thats right.. Carl's parents bought the slide from the elementary school I attended. They bought this slide for their children at the auction after my little country school closed. I remember dangling half way off of this enormous thing as a kindergardener. I thought I was going to fall to my death.. fortunately, I was able to take my wedding photos on 'my slide' about 16 years later.



We took a lot of creative photos on our wedding day. Here we are jumping on a trampoline before the reception. My dress was just a little dirty and my hair a bit messed up after this jumping session. But it sure made me relax and enjoy the day. I really needed this time alone with my hubby.. to take a break from everything.



This is the picture we had printed on a canvas. It is hanging in our dining room. It was such a beautiful day. I love looking back and remembering this moment, smelling the warm summer air. My husband is such a sweet heart.. and definitely not afraid to give me a kiss in front of a camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment